Here is a collection of memorable quotes to keep in the memory bank...
Steve Jobs on daily life
- "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."
Jim on the importance of learning HTML and not just a program
Jim: No, what possible use would you have for understanding the underlying technology.
Jim: That's like saying we aren't going to teach you math, just how to use a calculator
Jim: You don't need to know proper grammar, MS Word will take care of it for you.
Jim: And people wonder why jobs are being outsourced to India.
Matt on replying to e-mails in a timely fashion
- "I just got emailed back regarding a climbing wall for the Conclave!
Who the f@#% sits on a email for 11 days shy of a year?!"
Aaron on the number of masterful skills of an English major
- Andy: "Why is an English major talking about the budgetary process? Thats the job of a Business major."
- Aaron: "Because I'm smart!"
- Everyone else in the room: Zing
Chris on how the skills learned at NLS saved his life and car
- Chris: but thanks to nls i am alive
- Andy: how did NLS save your life?
- Chris: i analyzed the situation, my brakes gave out... I made a decesion, i used my e-brake, and i communicated to others, i put on my emergency flashers, all thanks to the NLS triangle. THANKS NLS!!
The values of polywool uniforms
- Anonymous: "Yeah...I'm pretty much God's gift to the polywool."
The following quotes were some of my favorate quotes, and they made it onto my High School Motorboard during graduation.
- "The only problem with anything of tomorrow is that at the page we're going right now, tomorrow would catch up with us before we got it built." ~ Walt Disney
- "He who serves his fellows, if of all his fellows greatest." ~ Meteu
- "What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds." ~ Buddha
- "Take only memories, leave nothing but footprints." ~ Chief Seattle
- "There is nothing so unequal as the equal treatment of unequals." ~ Aristotle
- "Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom." ~ Thomas Jefferson
- "People often ask me if I know the secret of success and if I could tell others how to make their dreams come true. My answer is, you do it by working." ~ Walt Disney
- "Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional." ~ Chili Davis
- "You are not here merly to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand." ~ President Woodrow T. Wilson
- "Good artists copy; great artists steal." ~ Pablo Picasso
- "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~ Walt Disney
- "Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late." ~ Benjamin Franklin
- "Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear, and the blind can read." ~ Mark Twain
- "The thing about trust is that it takes a lifetime to earn, but a second to loose." ~ National Leadership Seminar